Healthy Lifestyle Impacts Mental Health
Centered Recovery Programs knows mental health is needed for recovery. There are many ways you can live healthier in recovery. Improving as many aspects of your life as possible has been shown to impact recovery and mental health in a positive way.
If you want to create a healthier living environment for yourself and your family and boost your mental health to help aid in your recovery, Here are some home improvements and upgrades from Centered Recovery Programs drug rehabs in Atlanta that can benefit your health and wellbeing! Is it time to make home improvements for your mental health?
Cleaning Helps Improve Mental Health
When it comes to a healthy home, it all starts with cleaning. But, it’s much more than that. cleaning helps improve mental health. Try taking on a new cleaning project in your home. Afterward, you will feel a sense of accomplishment.
Here you will never run out of ideas. Just look around your home and you will spot many areas for a quick or deep cleaning job. Here are some suggestions.
- Take the weekend to thoroughly declutter every room and space in your home, and organize your belongings for a neat and stress-free look.
- While you’re at it, deep clean each space using green cleaning products.
- Consider hiring a professional service to clean your living environment weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly.
Advantages in Drug and Alcohol Addiction Recovery of Creating an Exercising Space
Maintaining a fitness routine is critical for a healthy lifestyle. Making space for it at home can increase your chances of staying consistent. You have several different directions you can take this:
- Exercise can be an important part of your drug and addiction recovery.
- Carve out a small space in the corner of a room for practicing yoga, Pilates, or meditation.
- Make a little more room to fit a treadmill, exercise bike, or another type of aerobic equipment.
- Go all out by converting your garage or basement into a home gym. If you have enough space, you could add a variety of weightlifting and HIIT equipment for full-body workouts!
- Be sure to document all the changes you make as certain updates could bump up your home’s value.
Adding to Your Home Can Reduce Stress
Yes, having more space in your home can significantly reduce stress. This is accomplished through several different ways. Here are a few ways you can add breathing room to your living environment:
- Put in a new bathroom or another type of home addition. Seek out local plumbers for help.
- Build a garage on your property to store belongings and facilitate activities.
- Add an outdoor living area (e.g., patio, deck, porch) where you can relax and reap the benefits of sunshine and nature.
Essential Maintenance Even Helps in Recovery
Finally, keeping your home in good maintenance can go a long way in fostering your health, wellbeing, and comfort.
- Make sure you are keeping insects and rodents at bay. Find a local pest control service if necessary.
- Stay on top of your plumbing and HVAC maintenance by hiring a top-notch contractor.
- Consider investing in an air purifier to maintain your home’s air quality.
If you’ve been looking for home improvement ideas to make your living environment healthier and more enjoyable in recovery, the projects above can get you there. Take time to write out a plan for tackling one upgrade at a time, and keep researching other ideas that can take your home to the next level. In no time, you’ll be relaxing in your oasis and reaping the fruits of your labor!
If you’re interested in learning more ways to support you or a loved one live a healthy, happy life. Give our IOP drug rehabs Roswell addiction treatment centers us a call at 800.556.2966 today to speak with one of Centered Recovery’s amazing team. We provide a truly holistic, mindfulness-based program for addiction and mental health issues in Alpharetta, Roswell, Milton, Marietta, and all over the state of Georgia.
Lucill Rosetti is a mental health guest blogger from TheBereaved.org